The Green Package, from $5960 (not including burial plot)
Natural Burials on the Gold Coast are becoming increasingly popular as more and more people choose to embrace nature, wellness and social consciousness.
The City of Gold Coast has a natural burial area within the grounds of Alberton Cemetery where natural burials can take place.
Natural burials differ from traditional burials in that the gravesite is only 3ft deep rather than 6ft to encourage organic matter to help breakdown the remains. There is also a strict policy around the use of chemicals and the casket you choose, all of which we will talk you through if this option is of interest.
Our Green Package contains many aspects of a typical ‘green’ or ‘natural’ burial but can be customised or combined with other options to suit your needs. This package is often combined with a home vigil and we’re happy to cater to any of your wishes.
This is perfect for you if:
- You want a natural burial for your loved one
- Your ideal funeral ceremony is centred around nature
- You choose to honour your loved one in the way they lived their life
- You want to create a unique ceremony that’s filled with love, intention and purpose
- You only want to invest in the things that matter to you and not be upsold on the things that don’t
What you’ll get:
- An initial meeting in the location of your choice to discuss all aspects of the funeral
- A minimum of 8 hours of dedicated planning time for your service and paperwork by your Rite of Passage Funerals Funeral Director
- A unique Rite of Passage Funerals service held at the only natural burial site on the Gold Coast with your personal funeral director taking care of everything on the day
- A Rite of Passage Funerals aligned Funeral Celebrant
- Dignified transportation of the person who has died to all necessary locations – including pickup, service and natural burial ground
- Washing with our essential oil blend and organic body and hair products, preparation and dressing by our specialised mortician, or, under our guidance, by you and your loved ones at home
- All the necessary legal paperwork filled out on your behalf
- Your choice of eco-friendly coffin or shroud
- A selection of bespoke flower and twig arrangements
- Order of service stationary
If you have your heart set on something that’s not already an option, don’t worry, we can cater to your needs. We also offer additional add-ons including:
- A videographer or photographer to capture the service
- Hiring of a hearse of your choice
- A selection of unique rituals and ceremonies that can be done on the day
Investment: $5960 (not including purchase of burial plot from Alberton Cemetery, which charges $3995)