The Home Funerals Package, from $5499
Home funerals are making a comeback as education and understanding around this practice helps us to realise that having a funeral at home can be a truly memorable and meaningful experience.
So what is a home funeral? It’s where you choose you have a funeral at home, rather than in more traditional locations like a church, crematorium or memorial park. It is completely legal in Australia.
Most home funerals take place in the garden or living room and have the casket present, allowing family and loved ones to feel a connection they may not be able to in more traditional locations.
It can be a truly transformational experience if you’re open to it. Once the funeral has taken place, the person who has died will then be transported to the crematorium or burial ground, depending on your choice.
This is perfect for you if:
- You feel your home is the most appropriate place to farewell your loved one
- You want to create a sense of family, friends and community in the heart of your home
- You want to buck tradition (although home funerals used to be the funeral option of choice)
- You want to take back control of the dying process and use it to be empowered
What you’ll get:
- An initial meeting in the comfort of your home to discuss all aspects of the funeral
- A minimum of 8 hours of dedicated planning time for your service and paperwork by your Rite of Passage Funerals Funeral Director
- A unique Rite of Passage Funerals service held at your home with your personal funeral director taking care of everything on the day
- A Rite of Passage Funerals aligned Funeral Celebrant
- Dignified transportation of your loved one to all necessary locations – including pickup, service and crematorium or burial ground
- Washing of your loved one with our essential oil blend and organic body and hair products, preparation and dressing by our specialised mortician, or, under our guidance, by the family and friends if you choose to keep your loved one at home
- All the necessary legal paperwork filled out on your behalf
- Your choice of top quality, eco-friendly coffin (or shroud if opting for natural burial site)
- A selection of bespoke flower and twig arrangements to create a truly sacred space
- AV equipment
- Order of service stationery
If you have your heart set on something that’s not already an option, don’t worry, we can cater to your needs. We also offer additional add-ons including:
- A videographer or photographer to capture the service
- A selection of unique rituals and ceremonies that can be done on the day
- Live musicians
Investment: from $5499